Nationally-Recognized Coach and Trainer:
Alika Hope delivers effective, dynamic, interactive, and well-organized professional development and youth development training workshops and coaching.
She acts as a resource and management consultant to out-of-school time programs, early childhood programs, elementary and junior high schools, and provides feedback to youth workers, teachers, principals and other staff.
Alika also facilitates problem solving, behavior planning and reflection with individuals and groups regarding program culture, classroom management, engagement and creating inclusive environments.
Teaching and Educational Consulting Services:
At the college level, Alika has lectured on Music and Movement in Early Childhood, Health, Safety, and Nutrition, Behavior Management, Observation and Participation, Language and Literacy, Cultural and Linguistic Diversities and Student Teaching Practicum.
Alika has also:
- Developed curricula for middle and high school health and science courses.
- Created lesson plans, educational articles, and assessment tools.
- Developed and provided presentations on the biology of prenatal development for educators and clinicians, including conducting extensive teacher trainings throughout the U.S.
- In-Service Presenter, Kinsella Arts Magnet School, Hartford, CT
- Staff Developer, Poquonock Playschool, Windsor, CT
- Staff Developer, Brooklyn Kindergarten Society, Brooklyn, NY
- Staff Developer, P.S. 8 and P.S. 5 Head Start/Early Head Start, New York, NY
- Early Childhood Inclusion Consultant, NYC DOE/ACS/CUNY Research Foundation
- Admissions Associate/Parent Interviewer, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, New York, NY
- Curriculum/Staff Classroom Quality Assessor, Children’s Aid Society Head Start Programs
- GRE Quantitative Pilot Test Reviewer, ETS
- Program Assessor/Staff Developer, Grand Street Settlement Early Head Start, New York, NY
- LAST and ATS-W (New York teacher certification test) prep course developer/presenter
- New Textbook Reviewer, Wiley Publishers
- Teacher, Incarnation Children’s Center, New York, NY